The Cisco® 100BASE-X Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP) is a hot-swappable
input/output device that plugs into a Fast Ethernet port or slot, linking the
port with the network.
Main features include the following:
- Hot-swappable when deployed, the switch or router does not have to
- Supports the "pay-as-you-populate" model.
- Interchangeable with other 100BASE-X SFPs on the same line card.
- Supports the Cisco quality ID feature that enables the switch or router to
identify whether or not the SFP is a Cisco qualified SFP.
- Optically interoperable with respective 100BASE-X Ethernet interfaces on
the same link.